Holy Family School enforces a dress code for both the girls and the boys in order that all of our students come appropriately attired for school; students are expected to dress in a manner that indicates that they are engaged in a serious business – EDUCATION. It is our desire that the dress code be focused on uniformity and be cost effective for the parents. Uniforms may be purchased from designated suppliers. Gently used uniforms are available from the Holy Family School uniform closet at no cost. The dress code for Holy Family School students for the school year is as follows:
Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten
Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten students are not required to wear uniforms.
General Requirements of the Dress Code for All Grades
- Belts are recommended.
- Good tennis shoes or sneakers may be worn as long as they are neat and clean. Shoelaces should be tied at all times. For safety reasons, no shoes with heels or soles over 1 inch may be worn. No shoes with open toes or heels may be worn. No Boots or flip-flops.
- Socks should be solid Navy blue, black, or white. No other colors may be worn (Boys and Girls).
- Polo shirts, with the exception of Holy Family approved shirts, may not have a logo larger than the size of a quarter. All shirts must be tucked in.
- A white or light blue turtleneck may be worn (boys and girls), especially in colder weather.
- In colder weather, white or navy blue sweaters (pullover or cardigan) or sweater vests, or the navy blue sweatshirt with the school logo on it may be worn. NO OTHER sweatshirts may be worn. Coats may not be worn in class unless specific permission is given by the teacher specifically for that class.
- Students may wear navy blue or khaki uniform shorts until November 1st and again after April 1st at the discretion of the parents. Shorts should be no more than 1 inch above the knee.
- Students will be asked to stay in their Mass uniforms for the entire day.
Regular School Day
Plaid jumpers or navy and khaki skirts with white, navy or light blue blouse or polo shirt. Navy blue or white socks. Skirt length should be no shorter than one inch (1”) above the knees. During colder weather, girls may wear navy blue or white tights under their jumpers. Leggings are not allowed. May wear navy blue or khaki slacks with the exception of mass days. Shirts must be tucked in when wearing shorts, skirts or slacks. *Added note: No make-up, including lip-gloss, mascara, and/or eyeliner. No Jewelry except a watch; post-type earrings only (earrings should not fall below the bottom of the ear lobe). Simple hair ribbons or barrettes are allowed.
Girls are required to wear jumpers or skirts with a button-down blouse, (no shorts or pants) and shoes. Dress shoes are suggested.
Regular School Day
Navy blue or khaki pants, a belt is recommended with white, navy, or light blue collared shirt and navy blue or white socks. NO T-SHIRTS. No Jewelry except a watch. Dress pants with no outside pockets. (i.e., no Cargo style pants allowed.) Shirts MUST be tucked in.
Boys are required to wear navy blue or khaki pants with blue or white dress button down shirt and necktie. Dress shoes are suggested.
K-4 Boys and Girls
Navy blue short-sleeved t-shirt with the school logo on it or other school sanctioned t-shirts. Navy blue sweatpants may be worn before November 1st and After April 1st. Good tennis shoes or sneakers are required. No Jewelry except a watch; necklace with a small cross and post – type earrings only (earrings should not fall below the bottom of the ear lobe).
5-6 Gym Days
All students are required to change for gym classes.
5-6 will change for Gym. Gym attire includes shorts, T-shirts and sneakers. T-shirts may not have inappropriate slogans or sayings. The t-shirts or shorts DO NOT need to have the Holy Family Logo on them. All students must wear Sneakers.
Dress Uniforms can be ordered from Land’s End, French toast, Flynn and O’Hara, JCPenney, and Old Navy.
Gym Uniforms can be ordered from In Motion Designs, Inc Norwich, NY 607-336-5422.